Support Summer School Learning
In addition to the existing resources that Discovery Education provides to engage students and accelerate learning, we are adding a collection of over 100 ready-to-use learning activities designed specifically to help you in your summer programs.
- New student-ready activities across K-8 based on prioritized ELA and Math standards that partners have identified as learning recovery needs for students.
- Each activity incorporates science or social student content that engages students and supports background knowledge development.
- In addition, there are 25 new Social-Emotional Learning Activities based on our most popular content with students.
View a preview of these activities in the Student Learning Activities Channel and check back on June 7 to explore all of the new activities.
Take a Trip to Washington D.C. Without Leaving Your Classroom
For many students, a trip to Washington, D.C. is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that opens their eyes to an exciting world beyond their classrooms. Discovery Education and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden welcomed students to a behind-the-scenes Virtual Field Trip to experience the history and beauty of our nation’s capital on Wednesday May 26th, 2021.
Designed for students in grades 4-8, this action-packed tour features remarkable special guests and gives viewers an inside look at six landmark locations:
- The White House
- The U.S. Capitol Building
- The Supreme Court
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Not able to join live? No worries! The video archive and educator resources can be accessed anytime after the event in the Portrait of Washington, D.C. Channel. Take your students to Washington, D.C. anytime that fits your schedule!