From any page, access a number of functional tools from the toolbar, including language options, student responses in the Dashboard, and an interactive glossary.
The toolbar options vary depending whether you are on a course, unit, or concept page. From a concept page, you have access to all functional tools within Science Techbook.
Language & Level - choose between English or Spanish as well as Reading Level, where available. (When available, Reading Level A is on grade level; Reading Level B is below grade level.)
- Course Assessments - access summative assessment data for the concept
- Concept Dashboard - access formative assessment data for the concept
- Glossary - access key academic vocabulary found within the concept with a definition, key context sentences for the term, images or diagrams, an animation that helps describe the term, and a video segment discussing the term. Learn more about the Glossary below.
- My Notebook - highlight important concepts or vocabulary, then the interactive text automatically adds to the interactive notebook. Add new or additional notes, and the notebook saves and organizes it by course, unit, and concept.
Print Options - get a printer-friendly version of the page for printing or saving as PDF for offline access. Choose to print the page, all pages within the tab, or all tabs within the concept.
Tools - various tools are available to teachers and students to support learning in Techbook. These tools are optimized by grade level to support student learning across different skill levels. All students have access to the whiteboard and calculator. Older students will also have access to the graphing calculator, scientific calculator, and unit converter.
Teacher View - toggle on and off to display teacher-only information, such as Teacher Notes and Model Lesson materials.
Key academic terms in Science Techbook are linked to the Glossary. The Glossary can also be launched anytime from the toolbar.
Each term includes an animation that helps describe the term, details that include a definition and key context sentences for the term, a video segment discussing the term, and images or diagrams.
Definitions and key context statements are provided in both English and Spanish. Interactive Glossary terms are embedded throughout the Science Techbook or they also can be found through the general keyword search.
The Science Techbook Glossary also includes the Immersive Reader functionality. Click the icon to open Immersive Reader which opens up many accessibility options, such as:
- Read aloud text
- Access a picture dictionary for words
- Translate text to over 60 languages
- Change the size, style, and color of the text
- Use a line focus tool while reading
- Highlight the grammar throughout the text
Learn more about Immersive Reader.