Note: Most links in this article require a Discovery Education account. Open a separate tab and log into Discovery Education before accessing any of these links.
Discovery Education’s library of vetted, high-quality content contains a wide variety of resources to support teaching and learning in the Science Classroom. Whether you are teaching about the five senses, hurricanes, genetics, insects, magnetism, natural resources, cells, conservation, and so much more – Discovery Education’s resources provide engaging alternatives to consider when designing learning experiences.
Discovery Education’s curriculum experts have curated these resources into channels to provide quick and easy access to support planning engaging learning experiences. Many of our channels organize the content into grade-bands to ensure the content is appropriate for your students.
Complete a keyword search for your topic and find channels to best suit your needs! Don’t forget to subscribe to your favorite channels to add them to your My DE homepage.
- Magic School Bus: Buckle your seat belt and travel along with Ms. Frizzle and her class on a variety of sensational and educational field trips. This channel is also available in Spanish.
- Earth To Luna!: Follows Luna, her brother Jupiter, and pet ferret Clyde on real-life and imaginary adventures to explore life, physical, and earth and space science concepts. Luna sparks children’s curiosity about science and encourages them to wonder and investigate how the world works. This channel is also available in Spanish.
- Sid the Science Kid: Meet Sid, an inquisitive preschooler who uses scientific principles to help satisfy his curiosity about the world around him.
- Visual Classroom: The Language of Science and Math: Learn the Language of Science and Math with this series of popular programs from Visual Classroom. This series provides a simple and straightforward approach helping elementary school students to learn science and math concepts, as well as the related vocabulary. Designed to be easy to use, each subject is organized in short, clear, and engaging chapters, to build understanding of the concepts. This channel is also available in Spanish.
- Mythbusters: The series inspires a generation to inquire, interact, and get involved with science. Each episode is dedicated to fostering excitement and curiosity in children (and adults!) of all ages.
- Outrageous Acts of Science: Dive into out-of-this-world viral videos in "Outrageous Acts of Science," with a team of experts revealing the science behind the stunts. Each episode features numerous mind-blowing displays of human ingenuity and science in action.
- The Science of Baseball: Gain insight into the science, careers, and people throughout history that have contributed to the over 100-year-old sport of baseball.
- Questioning in Science: By questioning the world around them, scientists throughout history have discovered gravity, proven that the world is round, and given people the ability to fly--in planes and space shuttles! No matter how simple or complex a question, it can be the beginning of a fascinating journey to new understandings.
- You Be the Chemist: These activity guides are fun, hands-on science experiences that help develop students’ abilities to engage in sustained scientific inquiry. The activities cover a range of topics across chemistry, biology, and physics, and can be extended to cover much more. The format fits seamlessly with spiraled science instruction and standards.
- Discovery Files Podcast: Often fun and always fascinating, this channel houses the Discovery Files, an upbeat, entertaining look at the latest advances in science and engineering.
- Young Scientist Lab: The Young Scientist Lab was created to foster a new generation of scientists who are inspired to improve the world with science. For teachers, students, and parents seeking a place to explore the world of scientific innovation and opportunities, Discovery Education and 3M developed this interactive portal filled with engaging activities and standards-aligned teaching tools, anchored by the award-winning annual Young Scientist Challenge.
- The Science of Baseball: Play ball! America's favorite pastime is loaded with connections to STEM. Gain insight into the science, careers, and people throughout history that have contributed to the over 100-year-old sport of baseball.
Strategies & Activities
Discovery Education’s SOS Instructional Strategies are research-based strategies for integrating digital curriculum resources in meaningful, effective, and practical ways. Get started with our Top 10 SOS Strategies for Science (Canadian Subscribers).
Discovery Education contains over 1,000 grab-and-go activities – including many Studio Boards for quick implementation in your classroom. Learn more about Studio and explore boards made for the Science Classroom.