In October 2020, Discovery Education acquired Mystery Science. To learn more about this acquisition, read this press release.
Mystery Science is accessible within Discovery Education for those who have purchased Mystery Science through Discovery Education.
To access Mystery Science from Discovery Education, follow these steps:
- Log into Discovery Education.
- Locate the Mystery Science tile in the Curriculum Packs section of your My DE homepage.
- This will redirect you to the Mystery Science website.
- If you don’t have a Mystery Science account, one will be created for you and linked to your Discovery Education account.
- If you do have a Mystery Science account (with the same email address as Discovery Education), the two accounts will become linked. (You may need to enter in your Mystery Science credentials the first time to create the link.)
After your initial login, you have two options for accessing Mystery Science:
- Visit https://www.mysteryscience.com and log in.
- Log into Discovery Education and select the Mystery Science tile.
Getting Started with Mystery Science
Resources for Teachers
- Use this presentation to introduce your peers to fun, profound science!
- Download how-to guides to see which lessons are ready to go for distance learning, as well as how to adjust other lessons.
- Mystery Science is designed for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Explore the NGSS Alignment document. Not a NGSS state? Explore state-specific alignments as well.
Resources for School Leaders
- Share the magic of Mystery Science by hosting a 30-minute virtual training.
- Use the Mystery Supply Calculator to plan out materials for lessons.
- Are you coaching your teachers on advanced NGSS instruction? Mystery Science now offers Anchor Storylines and a free add-on module, the Anchor Layer, that adds anchoring phenomena and performance tasks.