With Career Connect, schools have the opportunity to learn with and from industry professionals that represent multiple organizations around the globe. Employees, learn more with the Employee How-To Video: Career Connect.
Step 1: Set up your profile
Welcome to Career Connect! To set up your profile, select the invite link in the email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, please check your junk mail or contact your organization admin.
Step 2: Complete your profile
Follow these steps to set up your profile:
- Create your Career Connect profile: Upload a profile photo and fill out your profile information and professional details.
- Add your general availability: Select the time slots you are available during a typical week. Because schedules change frequently, you can select and deselect your weekly availability on your Dashboard at any point.
- Add your professional expertise: Provide a short bio about yourself that is available on your public profile. You can also select topics and subject areas you feel comfortable discussing during a classroom visit.
- Confirm your profile and save it: That’s it! Now your profile is ready to be viewed by educators.
Step 3: Explore your Dashboard
Once you save your profile, your dashboard opens. Here, view recommended requests, edit your weekly availability, browse organization content, and more.
Step 4: Apply to a Request
Now you can apply to open requests. View details of Recommended For You requests or navigate to your Connect Directory from the sidebar navigation in the top left to apply directly to view your Open Requests and My Connects.
There are different types of requests.
- Share my Career is a general format that enables Connectors to talk about their interests, skills, and career path. Connectors can provide insight to students about how they’ve translated their interests as young students into their careers today.
- Custom Request is a highly customizable format that lets you work with your Connector to determine topics of interest. Educators may feel that an industry professional can provide real-world applications to a concept they are teaching in their classroom. In this case, you can message your Connector and work together on a format that works for your classroom.
In the description, educators include suggested topics, agenda, or specific requests. Additionally, you can locate classroom rules or etiquette the educator may want you to review prior to the visit here.
Review the request details and apply to any that appeal to you. Once you apply, educators review applicants and you are notified if there’s a match.
Step 5: Message
Once you match to a request, the request becomes a Connect. You can begin messaging with the Connector to ask and answer any questions prior to the scheduled visit. You can locate messages from the sidebar navigation.
Step 6: Connect
It's time for your virtual Career Connect visit! On your Dashboard, navigate to the Join Call button that appears in the Upcoming Connect section 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
When you’re ready, select Join Call and begin your virtual visit. Be sure to Allow Camera and Microphone access in your browser to ensure a seamless visit. You can message Connectors during the call and view request details. You can also share screen and expand your view. If the Connector can’t hear you, make sure you’re not muted.
Step 7: Share your feedback
Career Connect is the first of its kind and you’re testing out an exciting new experience. We’d love to hear your feedback on how your virtual visit went, if there were any technical issues, or if you have suggestions on how to improve the platform. Your feedback is immensely valuable to us and we’re always focused on improving the educator experience.