Sharing content to students enables fast access to materials and minimizes distractions. Content can also be shared among teachers to support collaborative planning.
My Content allows you to collect, organize, share, and retrieve your favorite Discovery Education digital curriculum resources in an organized filing structure.
Locate My Content from the Global Navigation Menu on any page.
My Content works just like the folder structure on your computer. You create sub-folders to create hierarchies within content, grade levels, or courses. You can also choose to share resources with your school and your district.
When you add resources to My Content, this does not initiate the playing or downloading of a resource. The purpose of My Content is to bookmark a resource for easy retrieval. All files and projects within My Content are stored on the Discovery Education servers.
To add content to My Content, follow these steps:
- Locate a media resource and select Save to My Content.
- Add the resource to the default folder, select a different folder, or add it to a new folder.
- If you select Add New Folder, follow the prompts to enter a folder name and folder location. Remember, My Content allows you to create folders within other folders.
- Select Add.
- To access your content, select My Content from the global navigation dropdown menu in the top left.
Once you add media resources to My Content, you can use the Actions drop-down menu to move, copy, edit, delete, and assign them at any time. Select the appropriate column header to sort your resources by type, title, or creation date.
School Content and District Content
In addition to your saved resources in My Content, you have access to School Content and District Content. This is a great way to share resources across your school or district.
To add content to School Content or District Content, follow these steps:
- In My Content, navigate to the Actions dropdown and select Move or Copy.
- Select the School Content or District Content tab and then the folder to add the content to.
Note that resources in School Content are available to all users in your school. Resources in District Content are available across the entire district.