Sharing content to students enables fast access to materials and minimizes distractions. Content can also be shared among teachers to support collaborative planning.
My Content allows you to collect, organize, share, and retrieve your favorite Discovery Education digital curriculum resources in an organized filing structure. Located in the My DE navigation bar and the grid navigation, My Content is accessible from anywhere on the site.
My Content works just like the folder structure on your computer. You can create sub-folders to create hierarchies within content, grade levels, or courses. You can also choose to share resources with your school and your district.
Adding resources to My Content does not initiate the playing or downloading of a resource. The purpose of My Content is to bookmark the resource for easy retrieval. All files and projects within My Content are stored on the Discovery Education servers.
To add resources to My Content:
- Locate a media resource that you wish to add to My Content.
- On a search results page and video player page, select the ellipses (...) on a resource and choose Add to My Content.
- For all other resources, select Add to My Content to the right of the resource.
- In the window that appears, add the resource to the My Content default folder, select a different folder, or add it to a new folder.
- If you select Add to New Folder, follow the prompts to enter a folder name and folder location—remember, My Content allows you to create folders within other folders.
- Click Add, and the window will display a confirmation message.
- To access your content, select My Content from the navigation grid on any Discovery Education page.
Once you have added media resources to My Content, you can use the Actions drop-down menu to copy, move, edit, preview, and delete them at any time. You can also sort your resources by type, title, or creation date by clicking on the appropriate column header.