In this step, you will learn how to access grab-and-go lesson activities you can customize to meet the needs of your learners.
Why reinvent the wheel? Discovery Education Experience subscribers have access to over 1,000 grab-and-go lesson activities that combine Discovery Education content with the strategies you love. These lessons are available in a flexible format for modification or used as-is for a turnkey assignment. Additionally, educators can access curated content Channels that offer lesson starters, instructional strategies, and a wide variety of digital resources.
Our Discovery Education community has created and shared an assortment of Studio Boards to be used by teachers in their classrooms. These boards can be implemented right away or copied and edited to fit your specific needs.
There are two ways to find these resources:
- Use the filters on your search results to find Studio Boards or Slideshows specific to your topic. Once you find one you like, click Copy in the upper right corner. This will create a copy in your own Studio Dashboard.
- As you explore channels, you may find Studio boards in addition to other types of resources. Once you find one you like, click Copy in the upper right corner. This will create a copy in your own Studio Dashboard.
Grab-and-Go Content Channels
Exclusive to Discovery Education Experience partners, several grab-and-content channels are included to provide quick access to 1000s of Studio boards. These boards can be assigned as is to students or edited before assigning.
Note: To access these channels, you will need to log into Discovery Education.
- Instructional Inspiration (US Only): A collection of grab-and-go lesson activities in many subject areas and grade levels that combine Discovery Education content and SOS Instructional Strategies you love into a flexible format for modification or turnkey assignment.
- Student Learning Activities: Inspire curiosity around topics, places, experiences, career opportunities, and more by assigning self-contained lesson activities for students that combine high-quality digital content. Resources include: Take a Virtual Field Trip, Student Learning Adventure, Resources for Student Exploration, and STEM Career Challenges.
- Learning at Home: Explore your interests, sharpen your skills, and have fun with this awesome collection of activities you can do at home. Get hands-on with STEM, take a virtual field trip to an amazing destination, stimulate your brain through exercise, and much more.
Editing & Assigning Studio Boards
These grab-and-go activities will launch in Discovery Education’s content creation tool, Studio. Using Studio, you can add Discovery Education content, upload your own video, audio, or images, and provide context around resources through text. Boards can be assigned to students so that they appear in their Assignment Manager for quick access. Learn more about Studio in our step-by-step guides in the Additional Support section below.
- Getting Started with Studio
- Around the World and Back without Leaving Your Classroom (DENspired Idea)
- Instructional Inspiration in the Classroom (Community Presentation)
✅ Try This: Select a Studio board from the Instructional Inspiration or Student Learning Activities channel, create a copy, and share it with your students.
Note: You will need a Discovery Education login to try this step.