With Video Quiz, teachers select a video, add questions easily into the timeline, and assign to students or launch live - in minutes!
To access Quiz, navigate to the Global Navigation dropdown in the upper left corner.
Or, launch Quiz here.
From your Quiz Dashboard, select Create New > Build a New Quiz > Video Quiz and follow these steps:
- Enter a topic in Search to find a video for your quiz. Use the grade band filters, copyright year filter, video type selection, and sort by menu to narrow your results to better fit your needs.
- Choose a result and add a Name. Note that this name is how the quiz appears to students as well as in your Quiz Dashboard of results.
- Click Select Video. Note that you can press play to preview a video before you select.
- Select Add New Question to add questions. Watch the video and pause or move the video progress bar to select points to add a question. Note that by default, it adds a short answer question. Use the Question Type dropdown to change to Poll or Multiple Choice. Select Enable Grading to remove points and the Point Value dropdown to change allocated points by question.
- Select Save & Play to continue playing the video to add more questions. Repeat this process to add all your questions. Note that at anytime you can jump between questions using the menu on the left.
- Select Delete Question from the vertical ellipses to delete a question.
- Select Save & Close to save your progress. Note that you can revisit the quiz at anytime from your Quiz Dashboard.
- When you are finished, select Launch. Note that you have two options to share with students: Assign or Launch Now.
Create a Video Quiz from Global Search
You can create a Video Quiz from anywhere in product when you use the global search. When you find a video through search to use, follow these steps:
- Select the video resource tile to open and preview the video.
- Select Build an Activity.
- Select Video Quiz > Next.
- Follow the steps in Create a Video Quiz.
Note: Quiz is available to our full Discovery Education partners only.