Assignment Manager is your hub for viewing, editing, and reviewing what you’ve assigned to students.
Note: If you haven't assigned content to students, Assignment Manager will display an empty page. To learn how to create assignments or how to assign content directly to students, go to Assigning Content to Students.
Assignment Manager can be found from the Classrooms button on the My DE homepage and is your hub for viewing, editing, and reviewing what you’ve assigned to students. The assignment table is the core view of the manager. This sortable table displays everything assigned to students and classes.
- Title: the name of the assignment. This name also links to the assignment document or resource.
- Class: the classroom it is assigned to
- Status: shows the assigned status of the assignment
- Active: available to students now
- Upcoming: assigned to students for a future data
- Past: overdue for students
- Type: the assignment or resource type (e.g., video, assessment, Studio board, etc.).
- Start Date: the date the content or assignment was assigned to students.
- Due Date: a date selected by the teacher when assigned to students. In most cases, students can still access an assignment and submit after its due date. Past-due assignments move the the Past Due tab on a student's dashboard.
- Completed: the number of students that have completed the assignment out of the total number of assignees.
- Results: once graded, will show the results of the assignment
- Actions: most assignments have four actions:
- Open Assignment: displays directions and information about the assignment
- Edit Date: change the Start and/or Due Date
- View/Edit Instructions: displays the instructions for the assignment and allows you to edit them
- Unassign: cancel the assignment
Use the Filters above the assignments to locate assignments by status, class, type of assignment, class assigned, and due date range. By default, assignments are filtered for all types of assignment and all classes for the last 90 days.
Checking Student Work
Once students have begun to complete an assignment, an additional Dashboard icon will appear under actions. Click this button to access a screen of results for a specific assignment.
In the Results Dashboard, you can click on the colored icons to look at how the student answered the specific question. Click the Download Results by Question button to download the results into an Excel spreadsheet. Finally, click on the student name to view specific results or to override any scores.