Coding Lessons can be organized, shared, and assigned just as any other Discovery Education resource.
Every coding lesson opens in its own Coding Lesson player. In this window, students and teachers can engage with the coding lesson as designed. Teachers have additional features in the upper right corner and lower left corner of the lesson to organize, assign, and share lessons.
In the upper right corner of Coding Lessons:
- Add to QuickList: Click the + icon to add the lesson to your QuickList. Learn more about QuickList.
- Click the ellipses (...) to access two additional features:
- Add to My Content: Click the star icon to add the lesson to My Content. Learn more about My Content.
- Create with Studio: Click the wand to add this lesson directly to a new Studio board or slideshow. Learn more about Studio.
In the lower left corner of Coding Lessons:
- Assign: This allows you to assign the lesson directly to a class, group of students, or single student and track progress in Assignment Manager. When Coding lessons are assigned to students, they will see a Mark as Complete button to click when finished with the lesson. Learn more about assigning content.
- Share: This allows you to share the lesson with students or colleagues through a link or by adding it to a Learning Management System (like Google Classroom or Teams). Learn more about sharing content.