Assigning content to students enables fast access to materials, minimizes distractions, and creates opportunities for tracking completion.
With Discovery Education STEM Connect, students can browse and use navigation to access specific materials. Assigning content, though, whether an individual resource or an entire lesson, ensures that students have fast access to materials, minimizes distractions, and creates opportunities for tracking completion.
Assign STEM Connect Lessons
Each lesson is assignable to students. This provides quick access for students from their My DE homepage.
There are two ways to assign lessons:
- From the unit page, select the three ellipses, select Assign, and assign the content to a class, classes, or to individual students.
- With the lesson open, click the assign icon above the slideshow.
Throughout STEM Connect lessons, you may find embedded response modules which, when assigned, allow students to respond directly in the lesson.
To learn more on how to view student responses and grades in these types of lesson, explore assigning Studio resources.
Assign Individual Content Connections or STEM Careers
In addition to lessons, you can also choose to assign a single content connection, hands-on activity, or STEM Career video.
To assign a resource, look for the Assign option. Depending on the location of the resource, you may see an ellipsis (...) or an Assign button. Select Assign and assign the content to a class, classes, or to individual students.
When content is assigned to students, the following options are available:
- Step 1 - name the assignment and give directions for students
- Step 2 - select the date you want content to appear on student learning plans as well as the date for when content or work should be completed by
- Step 3 - select the class (or grouping of students) to which something should be assigned
- Step 4 - confirm the settings of your assignment and click okay
Save Save Save Save Save Save