Add Discovery Education resources to Google Classroom assignments, questions, or announcements in a class without leaving the resource you are sharing.
Note: In order for students to see resources shared or assigned within Google Classroom, they must be logged into Discovery Education. A good practice is to have students log in to Discovery Education in another tab before accessing resources.
Using the embedded Share function in Discovery Education allows you to add any resource to new Google Classroom assignments (most common), questions, or announcements without leaving Discovery Education. Once you locate a resource (video, image, audio, text, interactive, etc.) in Discovery Education that you'd like to share:
- Choose Share on the resource page and then select the Google Classroom icon.
- Choose class from the modal that appears, and select the class to share to, then Create assignment (most common), Ask question, Make an announcement, or Create materials.
- Complete the assignment details, like Title, Instructions, Due date, Points, and Topic. For more information on creating Assignments in Google Classroom, view the Google Classroom help article.
When sharing resources in Google Classroom, the link will direct students into Discovery Education to view the resource.
Share a Studio Project or Quiz
All Studio projects can be assigned within the Discovery Education platform. A student would select Mark as Complete (if no quiz modules) or Submit Assignment (with quiz modules) in Discovery Education and a teacher could track results in Classrooms.
For board or slideshow (without quiz modules) to be collaborative, a teacher will need to share within the Discovery Education platform. Teachers generally use Google Classroom to alert students to log into Discovery Education to access the assignment.
Alternatively, the Share URL for a Studio project can be shared in Google Classroom. This places all students on a single board as read-only. Note: If your Studio project has a quiz module, it must be assigned, not shared, so that each student has their own version to answer the quiz questions.
Any assessment within Discovery Education, whether created in Assessment Builder or found within one of our Techbooks, must be assigned within the Discovery Education platform. Students would log into Discovery Education to complete the assessment. Teachers can access results in Classrooms (for those created in Assessment Builder) or the Techbook Dashboard (for Science Techbook, Math Techbook, or Social Studies Techbook Assessments). Teachers generally use Google Classroom to alert students to log into Discovery Education to access the assignment.
- Assessment Builder and Classrooms
- Science Techbook Assessments & Dashboard
- Social Studies Techbook Assessments & Dashboard
- Math Techbook Assessments & Dashboard