Discovery Education Studio provides an opportunity to assign boards to students so they can interact and edit a copy of the board for various assignments.
Note: When assigning content with students, students must have a Discovery Education account and your classes must be set up. If you are unsure how to do either, explore these articles:
Assign Studio Projects in DE
After you share a board, select Assign from the three vertical dot dropdown menu to send to students. To assign content to students, follow these steps:
- Step 1 - Name the assignment and provide student directions.
- Step 2 - Select the date content appears on student learning plans and the date content is due.
- Step 3 - Select the class (or grouping of students) to assign content to.
- Step 4 - Confirm the settings of the assignment and select Assign.
Assign Studio Projects in Learning Management Systems
You can assign Studio boards and slideshows that contain quiz modules within Canvas, Schoology, Brightspace by D2L, and Infinite Campus. This allows students to explore the content and answer questions directly in the LMS and grades transfer back to the LMS gradebook.
Learn more about our integrations with these articles: Canvas, Schoology, Brightspace by D2L, Infinite Campus
Teacher Access: Assignments
Navigate to My Classrooms from the My DE homepage to access results from assigned Studio projects. Embedded quizzes in projects appear as a Studio Quiz. Otherwise, the assignment appears as a Slideshow or Board.
Student Access: Assignments
Students access assignments from their My DE homepage.
When a board or slideshow assigned to a student contains only text and resources (no quizzes), students interact with the content and then select Mark as Complete when finished.
When a board or slideshow assigned to a student contains a quiz, they interact with the content and answer the included question(s). When finished, they select Submit Assignment to return for grading.
View Assignment Results
When a student completes an assignment, the teacher accesses the results from the All Assignments list in My Classrooms. The following are important to note about assignment results:
- Projects without quizzes show a completion rate for students.
- Studio Quizzes are graded through the Dashboard.
- Single and Multiple Answer questions are automatically graded.
- Short Answer quizzes are graded by the teacher using the embedded rubric. The teacher can also leave comments.
Students can access their grade, as well as teacher feedback, within a Studio project when they select Review Assignment on the board or slideshow.